Newly pregnant must-haves
April 17, 2008
Congratulations! You have just found out that you are pregnant and, if you are anything like me, you are ready to splurge on some mom-to-be must-haves. Before you blow all you money on clothes you won’t be able to wear until you are well into your 2nd or 3rd trimester, check out this list of newly pregnant splurges.
1. Graphic Tee: Have fun with your newly-pregnant status by buying a cool tee that lets the world know you are going to be a mama! Pictured is the “With Bump not Plump” maternity tee ($38) from 2chix.com.
2. Bella Band: Fit into your favorite “non-maternity” jeans and shorts with this stretchy band that fits around your waist to hold your pants up. You can pick from a variety of colors to add a little flair to your wardrobe.
3. Bra: Thanks to pregnancy hormones, your breasts may start expanding before your tummy does! Splurge on an ultra-comfortable bra that gives you the support you need.
4. Shoes: Have you had your eye on a hip pair of ballet flats? Now is the perfect time to buy shoes that are easy to put on (no laces!) and comfortable. One word of warning: Some pregnant women notice their shoe size increases by 1/2 size while pregnant.
5. Sheer lip gloss: What better way to enhance your new-mama glow then with a sheer layer of lip gloss to enhance your pout?